10 days Idyllic Samui Resort. Story of a traveler.
For the first time to Asia with young children. Before they were born we already travelled a lot through Asia. Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia but especially Thailand has always attracted us. The food, the people, the Thai culture and all the beautiful places have made this country our favorite vacation country.
Required to stay in an SHA+ Hotel. Abolished as of May 1, 2022.
Due to the strict Covid-19 measures, we had to first stay with the family in a so-called SHA+ hotel. From the airport, after all the strict Covid checks, we were taken in a cab van to our SHA+ hotel. A woman dressed as a space walker handed us our room key. You are required to stay in your room until the result of the PCR test taken in your room turns out to be negative.
On the balcony the first impression of being back in our beloved Thailand. What struck me was that the hooting of cabs and the roaring of scooters had completely disappeared because of all the Covid 19 measures.
For anyone traveling from May 1, the requirement for an SHA+ hotel is dropped and one can immediately enjoy all that Thailand has to offer.
The beloved Koh Samui.
After the family was found negative for Covid 19 we were free to go wherever we wanted in Thailand. That morning the cab van picked us up again to go to the airport to take our flight here to Koh Samui.
What struck us is that when you are out of the quarantine zone everything was back to normal. Stores at the airport were open and apart from the mouth mask, Thailand was just Thailand again.
1.5 hours after the plane took off we landed on our beloved Koh Samui.
From the Idyllic airport we were picked up by someone from the resort.
Once we arrived at Idyllic Samui Resort we were welcomed by Lana and Hans. The Dutch owners of the resort. While enjoying a cold coke and water, the administrative obligations were handled. (We felt right at home here, the welcome was so warm).
The villa with private pool was more than 100% satisfactory. An ideal place for us as a family. I understood that if the children do not yet have a swimming certificate or if parents wish, the pool can be screened off for the children.
Super friendly staff at the resort which made our vacation a dream vacation. A must is to have a bbq at your villa or on the private beach where a cook from Idyllic Samui Resort, in our case the fish, knows how to prepare it perfectly.
For the children they had specially arranged Mac Donalds. Kids Happy, Parents Happy
I can't say anything else but super service
5 things you must have done on Koh Samui.
Of course you don't want to just sit by your private pool with your family. Koh Samui offers plenty for young and old to see and do. Don't forget to think of yourself when the kids are enjoying themselves on the beach. Tip from me: Book a wonderful massage which is given at your villa.
- The golden Buddha. Fun to do with the kids. Do go in the morning in connection with the heat. Close to the resort. Nice souvenir stalls.
- Evening Fishermans Village - An evening wandering around between the souvenirs. Between delicious food in one of the many restaurants. Very nice to choose a restaurant where you can eat on the beach. Or go on one of the evenings when there is a market. Enjoy the many street food stalls.
- Hin Lat waterfalls - if you are a bit more adventurous then put on your hiking boots. Through the jungle of Koh Samui on foot to the Hin Lat falls where you can take a refreshing dip in the cold water.
- Ang Thong Marine Park - enjoy the many islands and their beaches. Inspiration for the book The Beach ( This book was filmed on Koh Phi Phi with the same name The Beach starring Leonardo di Caprio)
- Visit the elephant sanctuary. Definitely a must to do with the kids. The sanctuary offers the opportunity to help feed the Elephants.
Idyllic Samui Resort thank you for the 10 wonderful days we had the opportunity to stay in 1 of the beautiful villas and the great service you provide.
For anyone with or without children who want to enjoy their vacation on Koh Samui I can recommend Idyllic Samui.